Thursday, May 24, 2012

Next year...

Recently we've been having to make placements for next year... and for the FIRST time... I'm getting to loop-up with some of my current 3rd graders!  Eek! Mixtures of nervousness and excitement have overwhelmed me lately!

I sent home a letter yesterday letting parents know that I would be able to keep some of my current 3rd graders into the next year.  Long story short... A LOT of my parents still have the 'old combination stigma' in mind.  That their 4th grader would be learning some of the same things as this year.  Sad.  Because it's completely false.  State standards have evolved things into a whole new standard!  With that being said though... I think the families that want to keep with me into the next year are delightful!  I'm so lucky to see that families enjoy that consistency.  I know the others will be successful in their next year.  With that in mind, I'm already thinking ahead into September! 

In a couple weeks our school is doing a 'fly-up' where everyone will go to meet their next year's teacher! I've never experienced this and can't wait to see how it goes.  I'm going to fall in love with all of them!  Of course I already know half of my students [so lucky!].  We're going to do a fun activity together creating name plates for September.  They'll get to hang out and design their name tag for their desk in September.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!

I'm also going to try something new.  A summer reading log.  I'm going to send home with them a summer calendar to record any reading they do... fingers crossed... I hope they do!

We'll see how it goes!  Update soon.

With that being said... a new season of So You Think You Can Dance is starting... and I can't wait to see the new talent this season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment